1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Time Help - Metronome

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by scottrolf, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. scottrolf

scottrolf Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Bandon, OR
    I'm trying to practice keeping time and am looking for something like a metronome which I can hear (or see) while I'm amplified. Most of the usual suspects are too quite.
    Yes, I could play unplugged but I really do like hearing the sound of my amp.

Is there a visual-type of metronome which flashes in time?
    Or some other method?

Thanks,

2. Paladin54

Paladin54 Rockin' the root...

Feb 3, 2012
    Michigan
    Metronome app plugged from your phone to the aux in on your amp.

3. FantasticFour

FantasticFour

Dec 14, 2013
    Europeland
    What he says.
    If you want lights, the Seiko SQ-60 has them. Very sturdy too.

4. scottrolf

scottrolf Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Bandon, OR
    Thank you.

5. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011
    a very basic metronome have light and an 1/8 plug for headphone ... so you can amplify the metronome in your amp if you have a line-in jack ... or simply have small headphone just loud enough.

T-Funk likes this.
  6. Whippet

Whippet

Aug 30, 2014
    Soundbrenner. Soundbrenner - World’s First Wearable for Musicians A little expensive but very much worth it.

Between this and the Beatbuddy, which cost 3 times more, the Beatbuddy is even more superior for the default metronome times but obviously it's a pedal and you need to plug a headphone if you want to hear it without going through your amp.

If all you need is a metronome which you can see and feel, the Soundbrenner is great. If you want more, the Beatbuddy is the best. Quite frankly after getting the Beatbuddy, all my other metronomes are in the closet just collecting dust.

7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    For the past year I've been using an app based metronome, and my favorite is Pro Metronome (both iPhone & other formats). Pro Metronome - Android Apps on Google Play

It's free, has a bunch of visual options, and a good amount of flexibility in sounds and times. When I practice unamplified, I just use my phone speaker, in my home practice area, I plug my phone into my stereo, and we use it in band practice plugged into our PA through the mixing board.

old spice likes this.
  8. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

just wondering: are you having difficulty, or is it more of 'honing the skills' exercise?