1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

time management for musicians!?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Sep 22, 2010.

1. so lately i've been getting a lot of calls, gigs, jams, and then i have lessons i am going for and a whole bunch of classes am teaching!
    the scheduling is going crazy, am taking up everything which comes my way as long as it pays fairly but its the whole running around and managing which is getting hard!
    how do you go about it? do you have some ground rules for yourself regarding scheduling? how do you check up on your schedule quickly and get back to the inquiring party? do you have it all on your phone!?
    seriously just how do you do it!? :confused::eek:

btw, am loving getting all this work!

edit: my highest priority goes to find time to practice and learning the material for the next gig

2. ransombass

ransombass

Dec 16, 2008
    Tulsa, Ok
    It's all on my BlackBerry. It keeps me in touch, on time, in the right place and with the right gear. I don't leave home without it.

3. drasticDUB

drasticDUB Guest

Mar 13, 2008
    Google Calendar is a life saver for me!

4. thomashawk

thomashawk

Jun 29, 2010
    New York, NY
    I have tried many calendering programs over the years (there are hundreds), and I am currently Google calendar for everything. Accessible from anywhere; especially your phone. The key is being thorough and consistent in its usage. Always schedule "free time" since you never know when inspiration will strike and you'll want options.

5. Way back in the paper and pencil days I taught a Time Management course.

Everything is entered in one "thing" and you carry that thing with you at all times. Back then it was those Day-Timer 9 ring binders, today it would be all data entry.

Everything in one thing and that thing is with you at all times would still work.

6. mobile me calendar for scheduling (it's backed up on-line if you loose your phone) and as for learning songs I try to listen to them as much as I can along w/ actually sitting down and learning them (i.e. in the car and now that I have an iphone I can grab buds and listen anywhere)

busy is good! busy is rare these days, at least for me. take it one step at a time and try to optimize your life. You'd be amazed at how a little tweaking to your routine can save time and hassle!

7. i like the google calender idea but it wont open on my phone and my phone calander wont go online, hmm let me see

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021