1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Time Signature for "Rain When I Die" by Alice In Chains

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Kenzy, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Actually, forget it, I ended up figuring it out. I would delete the thread but...well... I can't.

So here we are.

:bag:

2. Cool song, great band. If I was transcribing that, I'd probably write the verse in 6/4.

3. Bainbridge

Bainbridge

Oct 28, 2012
    Yeah, I'd go with 6/4 or live with syncopating two measures of 3/4. Why didn't you post this song in your other thread? This is why you were asking the meter questions, no?

4. No, it's not. My friend pointed out to me after I made the initial post that there was a song using the same time signature that we were dealing with. So it's related. But it wasn't the reason I asked the metre questions. That was about the proper notation of original material. This question was just incidental, I guess. Though it was obviously answered by you, in my post about the aforementioned original material. Thanks for that by the way, I felt really stupid for not seeing that. :bag:

5. Bainbridge

Bainbridge

Oct 28, 2012
    Hey, no problem. Hopefully, there was something in these threads that you could learn from, or at least find confirmation.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021