1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Time signature

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by FantasticFour, May 27, 2020.

1. FantasticFour

FantasticFour

Dec 14, 2013
    Europeland
    Any rhythm guru around here?
    What the heck is that time signature? Can't play that one because I can't seem to be able to count the beats. I'm no good with tricky time signatures beyond your average 5/4 or 7/4.
    Can you guys tell?

2. Groove Master

Groove Master

Apr 22, 2011
    Montreal
    Author of Groove 101, Slap 101 and Technique 101
    So far I hear a 14/8 (8+6) or 7/4. I think the riff is complex but in there.

I'll be back for the bridge...

3. FretlessMainly

FretlessMainly

Nov 17, 2010
    I can see how you'd say some form of 14, but there's a hitch at the end that leads me to believe it's 13 or 15. I get 15 from the title, but I can't make it work (15 is too long). I'm going with 13, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

4. Whousedtoplay

Whousedtoplay

May 18, 2013
    TEXAS
    Somehow, I hear 9 plus 6.

FretlessMainly likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 29, 2020