1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Time to buy a new bass..any of these Essex's any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OxhadokenxO, Jul 25, 2002.

1. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    I think we should ask RondoMusic for some kind
    of kick back to TalkBass. These discussions have probably sold a Whole Lotta Basses. I know I took my Essex plunge because of what I read here.
    :D

2. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    I just got mine last night and I'm super stoked on it. Plays great, looks great. I can't believe I only paid $140 (w/shipping) for it. It sounds as good as the real ones I played at GC.

It's seriously a great deal and I may get another one before Rondo figures out they can charge double for them.

I got the metallic red one. I did change the strings right away because the ones that came with it were dirty and not very good. Dean Markleys do the job.:D

3. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    >It's seriously a great deal and I may get another one before Rondo figures out they can charge double for them.

I feel the same way. Even though these are low end instruments and are supposed to be *backups* for something higher end, I'm so happy with my J Bass clone that I really want a *backup* for It
    before they realize they are underpricing them.

The natural body J Bass is absolutely beautiful - and it sounds great.