Time to clean up old picture threads?

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by Marlat, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Okay, so now that all the attachments have been deleted, is it worth having the mods go through and delete all the old threads that are just "picture" threads (ie Bass babes - Photoshopped TBs - show us your basses etc) and just start new ones?

Given that all the picutres are now missing I think the old threads are pretty redundant.
  2. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Yeh they are just a waste of forum space, what's the point in having a pictures thread full of text??
  3. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I think the show your basses thread should be deleted, but a new one made?
  4. yeah. i think all the old bandwidth-hogs should be wiped clean and started over.
  5. In Flames

In Flames

Dec 11, 2003
    Same, and not allow any text on them. Just make it a Gallery only. That would be great. Then we wont have like pages with just a couple photos and the rest pointless text that could of been sent to that certain user by PM.
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I say:

Lets delete the threads and start over.

7. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont know bout no text at all, but i say every post must include a picture. So for the bass threads, post the pic, and maybe the type of the bass and a description of it if nescesary.
  8. VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
  9. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

As I posted on that thread, you want to play, you pay.

Give me the space, here's my cash...

That was easy.
  10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    That's one way to stop the "use the search!" bitchin'!
  11. Thor and I are already putting a plan into action about Hot Chicks At Gigs thread and I guess Bass Babes.
  13. i say dont delete the whole threads, just the posts that are missing the pics.

example: show your basses thread. that thread has tons of pics left in it, why delete that and expect those guys to go through the hassle of reposting their pics?
  14. The problem is having everyone go through every page and delete theirs that dont work
  15. And your going to get mods to do this? What mod would have to be crazy enough to go through the Bass pictures thread?!
  16. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Moved to Forum Suggestions.