Time to pack it in!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Apr 21, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've been hearing all of this weird crap Fred Durst have been posting about Limp's new album on their site, and I must say, I think they're done. First he's against the war, now he's posting stuff like: "Our troops kicked ass. This album will be dedicated to them. I'm proud to be an American." They've gone through 4 guitarist, and now he's scrapping the whole album and starting from scratch. I think there's a fork in his back!
  2. there has to be a new album! so it can sell 50,000 copies! so pete has to regrow the smug goatee!!!
  3. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    THIS is a very good point...I am also looking forward to the smug goatee--I could care less about the album though;)
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I think they have a chance of becoming a halfway decent band if they fire Durst and actually make an album. He's quite talentless and obnoxious, and doesn't really add anything to the band.
  5. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    What does this mean?
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Like the old saying, "Stick a fork in him, he's done."
  7. so basically, it should just be the drummer and the bassist. this holds true for a lotta bands:p
  8. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Oh. Heh. Well, I guess if I was sticking a fork in Fred Durst, it wouldn't go in his back. :eek:
  9. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    What ever happened with the "Be the Next Limp Bizkit Guitarist" contest at GC? Did anyone win?
  10. ya wanna know who won? everyone who DIDN'T have to be in limp bizkit!

seriously, though...i have no idea. why do they even need a guitarist? just have "dj lethal" sample some power chords.
  11. There was a whole website dedicated to the idea that it was just a scam for Limp Bizkit to steal new songs from the wannabe guitar players. Given that they never hired any of the contest "winners" and that the whole album probably got scrapped because of liability issues, I'd venture it was probably correct. ANYONE in bed with GC on the corporate level like that would have to be a crook anyway, IMO, birds, feathers,and something about flocking together.
  12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    although this is about limp bizkut or however you spell their name, so i could understand the ambiguity of whether it was music related or not, they still are a band, so this probably belongs in misc.

and away we go.
  13. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I have this weird Fred Durst / Pat (the androgynous character from old Saturday Night Live sketches) separated-at-birth theory. Think about it - the voice is the same, isn't it? :eek:

Well anyway, I get almost as many laughs at parties by singing Limp Bizkit lyrics in the voice of Pat as I used to singing Chuck D lines in a Les Claypool voice. :eek: :D
  14. I saw that's he's got more of his ramblings in the press again today :rolleyes:

It's all just to keep him in the spotlight, so we don't forget about them and don't forget to buy their new album....

....if it ever appears.
  15. If the album doesn't sell well we TB'ers have to buy enough copies to reach the limit! :D
  16. The contestants had to sign a thing that said everything they played belonged to the band so i dont think they ever intended on picking a winner.