Time To Step Down

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gmstudio99, Oct 4, 2000.

1. gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I must say that I've really enjoyed working here at
    Talkbass for the last couple of months. This is a
    very well thought out forum and there are many great
    people here to help make it what it is.

That being said, I believe it's time for me to pass
    the moderator torch on to another. This forum is
    still my favorite of the bunch, but my workload both
    here and at home has increased to the point that I
    really am finding it difficult to put in the time it
    really takes to do this job well. I'm serious when I
    say I read every post. Man, you guys sure write alot! :)

I don't plan on leaving talkbass for good. I'd like
    to remain a member "in good standing" and I certainly
    plan on continuing to lurk and post as much as I can.
    I'll still pop in here daily and will keep defending MIM Fenders to the end!

I will remain at the helm until a suitable replacement
    is found. Email Paul if you're interested. Keep in
    mind that being moderator doesn't just mean you get
    your name over there on the right and "moderator"
    under your handle (Boy, I'll miss that, though!).
    This particular forum is massive, and reading every
    post everyday takes quite a bit of time.

Thanks again, guys and girls, for the opportunity to
    work here. I've really enjoyed it and will probably
    miss it, but other duties call.

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    MIM's suck!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D ;)

GM....Thanks for a job WELL done! It's people like yourself, that have made TB a pleasant, informative, and fun place to hangout online. :)
  3. GM-
    Sorry to hear you're stepping down. IMO, you've done an excellent job. I regularly post on 5 or 6 forums and I've felt that you are one of the better moderators around.
  4. Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Thank you GM, you've done a great job. Good luck with all your other duties, and I'm glad to hear that you aren't leaving permanently. :)
  5. See ya man. MIM Jazzes rule.

6. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    gm: Im sorry to hear that :( good luck on your work at home!!
  7. Biski2Dope

Mar 26, 2000
    ::puts in dentures::

Ahhhh yes, retirement...you'll love it.

The title of retired moderator is wonderful. No more whining from members. No more threads to move or delete (i developed carpal tunnel synrdome from that anyway). No more mega-thread BS. You kids turned my pigtails gray anyway...now i'm free! It's like Club-f*ckin-Med.

Hey, i even hear we get senior discounts at Bass NW...that and Denny's.

I need a nap now. I'm off to my luxorious room at the old folks' home.

Too bad that me and GM are the only ones who get this absolutely incredible package deal. Sorry, whippersnappers.

Seeya at the bingo hall, GM...

::removes dentures and wobbles off with cane::
  8. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    GM: you did a great job. I'll help out in defending MIMs to since it is my only bass for till @ least January. thats all
  9. Thanx and a tip o' the hat to you for a job well done!

10. Another job well done! :)

you´ve done some great cleaning in here! :) sad that you´re retiring :( but I guess you need to do something else now...

c ya around...
  11. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    G(reat)M(oderator) -

I'm really gonna be bummed to see ya leave the ranks, but I can fully understand your reasons, running this board has to be a lot of work. You sir were a real inspiration to do a good job to us whippersnappers, a giant of a referee. As a moderator myself I can only aspire to doing my job as well as you did, thank you for your example. May your retirement from service be a happy and enjoyable one, and we're all looking forward to your continued insight and advice as one of the wise ones, like Miss Biski ;).

May the next keeper/keepers of the Basses Forum omniring do as well as you, sir. :)

Maybe Sir Paul, our esteemed leader will consider a split moderatorship here like the one JT and I have down south? With the number of posts here it seems like it would be a good idea, and it works well for OT.

[Edited by Gard on 10-04-2000 at 08:00 PM]
  12. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    You did great. It was nice having a moderator from my own home town. I hope you remain active on here, your opinions and points of view were well appreciated (by me, at the very least).

ROCK ON, GM!
  13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I second the above and hope that you will continue to drop by and chat. All the best...
  14. Sorry to hear you’re stepping down GM, but pleased to hear you’re going to be sticking around as a member.
    You’ve done a grand job over the seven enjoyable months I’ve been here.

15. DaveTomasi

DaveTomasi Gold Supporting Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Baltimore, Maryland

Sorry to hear that you are stepping down. Your voice of reason will be missed as moderator, but I'm glad that you are still going to hang out and provide comment.

I hope that some of your increased home workload includes a healthy dose writing music. From what I've heard so far on your mp3 site, you are an accomplished musician and composer. Here's looking forward to new compositions and frequent visits to TalkBass.
  16. gmstudio99

Mar 11, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Yup, headed off to the "Happy Acres Retirement Home and Spa" with the Bisk-o-lator. We'll toss back some Pina Colada's for you (Uh, make her's a Shirley Temple, please...) and will write often.

Seriously, thanks for the kind words, guys and girls. I've enjoyed this, but other matters call. (Mainly this little muchkin named Alex who's going to be 1 in a few weeks! :) )

More composing and more recording on the horizon, too. Like to find a way to sell some more CDs. (Duh! Write better freakin' songs, right? :eek: )

17. :eek: sorry 2 see you go man your post rules and so do MIM basses check ya round man!
  18. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

We'll miss your moderatin', gm, but please, keep that promise to stop in now and again, don't be a stranger!

Somebody has to keep me from slammin' Fender 5's too hard! :D:D:D
  19. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great job GM sorry to see you leave the moderator spot well good luck and take care of that 1 yr old. have a great retirement.
  20. Great job as Moderator GM. It's ashame to see you leave your post but hey, at least you're leavin on top.