Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Timmy C and Rickenbackers?!?!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Petary791, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So i've read on multiple sites that Timmy C used a Ric! I couldn't believe it. I heard he uses it on the song "Revolver", and when you listen to that song, it doesn't really surprise me. It sounds like it has that Ric tone. Can anyone confirm to me that he does use a Ric? What color and what songs? Thanks.

2. i doubt he used a ric. i have seen all those sites that you are talking about...like the RATM FAQ. i highly highy highly doubt that he had one. for the evil empire sessions, he used his fender jazz bass, the one that he eventually smashed at that one award show...i forget...either way, i am sure he never had a ric...

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    It's BS.

Tim C uses Jazz Basses. He's torn down rig after rig and started from scratch there, but he always uses Jazz Basses. With RATM, he tuned down, and with Audioslave, he now uses 'em tuned BEAD.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Alright, I figured. Timmy C. uses this one with a Hipshot tuner, and in Audioslave he uses a black one tuned BEAD. Very cool.

I want one of those SX's... and a Geddy Lee... and a Ric... I need to stop.

5. well, a similar one to the SX...but yes.

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah sorry that's what I meant. :bag:

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    He also used a Stingray from time to time, those have some crunch to em if you throw a distortion behind them.

8. Funkzfly

Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    To quash rumours of Timmy using a Ric, well...he has. I only know because I've seen the pic of him using one. He's also used a Stingray (2 Band EQ version), and of course those jazz Basses.

9. he had the stingray for the first album...yes...but i'd like to see that pic of him with his ric. do you have one?

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Yeah man, I need the pic!

11. Funkzfly

Funkzfly

Jun 15, 2005
    I found it searching through RATM pics on the mighty Google. It was a studio environment which leads me to believe he may have recorded using one...not sure about live work though.

12. ok, i'll look for it too if its on google...

13. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    He used a Sadowsky to record their new album too!

14. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Audioslave's new album?

15. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    YES, A WHILE BACK SADOWSKY WAS SELLING A BASS THAT TIM USED TO RECORD THEIR NEW ALBUM. I AM NOT 100% SURE BUT THAT IS WHAT I HEARD

16. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Here you go straight off the Sadowsky website bro:
    Style: Vintage 4-string
    Finish: Black
    Wood: Ash
    Fingerboard: Morado, 1-3/4" nut width
    Pickguard: Black-White-Black
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickups: Sadowsky Single Coil J
    Weight: 9.8 lbs.
    Comments: Circa April 2003. Volume/Volume/Vintage Tone/Stacked Preamp. Built for Tim Commerford (Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave), has been on loan to him for the past 12 months, and is still set up to his specs. It is strung with the bottom four strings of a 5-string set and tuned B-E-A-D; will be converted to standard tuning and string gauges at no charge if requested. It's in perfect condition and was only used in the studio.

17. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I saw that in your thread you made. Purdy cool.

What should I search on Google? I mean there's "Timmy C", "Simmering Tim", "Tim Commerford", etc etc...

18. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004