Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Timmy C-tell me what you think about him

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Jredstar_marley, Aug 18, 2002.

1. im sorry people, i have some sort of obsesion with timmy c. its everything. his style the way he hold his bass, the way he plays it, how he jumps on stage,everything!!!!!! i would like to have your opinion on timmyt c. and why you thikn hes a great bassist or why you think hes not. well thansk tell em what you thikn about timmy.

2. You're not gonna be like the guy on these boards that stalks Mike Dirnt are you, posting pics of him every chance he gets?

Tim C./Tim Bob/Tim whateverhegoesbynow is a good bassist. I got that RATM video of theirs and it's pretty entertaining. He makes good grooves and does his job.

3. im no stalker! whats the point in that?! and who the hell would stalk mike dirnt?! but no i relasly admire him alot and yeah hes got some really good moves thanks for repliying.
    timmy c
    tim bob
    simmering T
    Y tim K
    tim.com
    those are all the names hes gone by.
    :p

4. Hes not a flashy bassist but he holds the groove pretty well. I think he's one of the better "in the pocket" bassists in rock music right now.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    That's pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

6. timmy c is a mellow original bassist hes not flashy at all but hes basic he uses his 4 string all the time. he sometime suses an 8 string reckenbacker (or so ive heard) but i realy admire the bassist who stick with the 4 string.

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Another ditto from me. "Blue collar" pocket bassists like Tim don't get enough credit. He's the kind of bassist I aspire to be.

8. chimppimp

chimppimp

May 30, 2002
    Oviedo,FL
    on the contrary tim c happens to have some very flashy bass lines

9. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Tim Bob is the man. I love everything about him and his tone is one of, if not my fav. finger style tones.

10. BassPlayerGush

BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    PA
    i would deffinitly back you on that one old skool!

11. hayngman

hayngman

Aug 20, 2002
    Wise County, TX
    I see that we great minds do think alike.

12. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I really admire his playing & tone too.......he rocks and is funky without slapping!

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Besides having the worst tatoo art I've ever seen, he lays down a very solid foundation. Isn't that what it's about? ;)

14. His tattoos are sweet. I think hes a great bass player, but tom gets more credit musically. I think the intro to "calm like a bomb" is really outstanding just by the way it reminds me of pac man and how different it is compared to there normal sound. BTW, great minds have never thought alike, the great minds have always been the people thinking against everybody else.

15. rhcp17

rhcp17

Oct 1, 2001
    pennsylvania usa
    tims a cool guy. although i like his style, take the power back is one of my favorite bass lines from RATM. I like a lot of his other non slap stuff too.

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think he and Rage are both incredibly overrated. So say I. Arr.

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "You're a cruel man, Mr. Duck!"

*my apologies to the Grinch*

18. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I'm sorry. I figured if I broke it to you guys like a pirate, it would soften the blow. I'm just not a big fan.

19. chimppimp

chimppimp

May 30, 2002
    Oviedo,FL
    i think the bass in battle of los angeles was no where near as good the one with take the power back. which is self title i believe

20. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I've only got one of their albums - I think it's the self titled one.

I totally think 'Wake Up' rocks big time, and from what I remember of the rest of the album the bass was really good, nice tone and the basslines kept the groove really well - although I wasn't really into all of the songs on the album!

As a bass player - I'm impressed with his playing!