Timmy C.

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by starclown, Aug 18, 2000.

1. What do you guys think of the bassist from Rage Against the Machine, Tim Commerfort?
    I think he's a great player.
  2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Yeah!!He´s great, really cool bass lines..
  3. Hell yeah!

He is the Jaco pastorius of Electric bass :rolleyes:
  4. He's great, My influence. He has showed that you don't have to play extremely difficult basslines to be great.
  5. Bass Case

Bass Case

May 20, 2000
    One of my main influences. Very innovative style that encourages me to experiment with my bass and try new things. Definetly agree that some of his lines are simple, yet effective. But also think that he can tear it up whenever he wants to. Look forward to every album they do.
  6. Timmy C is da man

Timmy C is da man

Aug 20, 2000
    TIMMY C IS DA MAN he is my favorite bassist and rage is my favorite band
  7. Timmy C. and Rage kick ass!!! My favourite bassline: Bombtrack. What do you think about the thing he did during the Limp Bizkit speach at MTV Music Award 2000? I thing it was the coolest thing of the show... after Britney Spears...
  8. IncubusGuy

Aug 11, 2000
    Hehe, sorry to burst your bubble but Jaco played an electric too. Timmy is good at what he does, but there are so many people that are better.
  9. Timmy C is da man

Timmy C is da man

Aug 20, 2000
    I agree with everything you said habsPW that was the ****s but britney's outfit was better
  10. really? he did?? man.. I thought he played Harmonica... oh, well... stupid me! :D :D
  11. Tim rocks. Didn't catch him on "empty vee" because of severe Kid Rock Allergy. Doc says next exposure could be fatal. (I think Metallica has a lot better lyrics to their own songs) I love Rage, but sometimes I feel, as a patriotic white male, that they don't want me to like their songs. But the irony of Rage playing into the hands of eMpTy V's "system" is a relief.
  12. I think Timmy C. is great, he keeps it real simple most of the time with Rage, but what a lot of people don't know is he's really into jazz and upright bass, i actually read he's been playing more upright on his own time than electric
  13. Timmy C is da man

Timmy C is da man

Aug 20, 2000
    yeah timmy LOVES jazz and he does have an upright at his home that when intervied said that he played it more than the electric on his free time.
  14. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    gotta agree here, tim c rocks(saw him get up on the statue at the mva's) Led away in handcuffs? thats a bit rough... at any rate, i love the bass from know your enemy, the slap part in the beginning is cool, and the line in the verse is soooo fun to play with some distortion