Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tiny Music...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by relman, Aug 24, 2001.

1. ...is one of the greatest modern rock albums i have ever heard...the fusion with other genres (jazz, funK) fits perfectly...the vocals are wonderful and the instruments too...plus those instrumentals...who knew a popular rock band from the 90's would dare to have instrumentals...

2. Tiny Music is probably my favorite STP album.. which is odd since the band seems to have bad feelings about it.

3. eViL cAkE

eViL cAkE Guest

Sep 6, 2001
    Just East of Dallas
    Yes...yes...yes...I really, really like that album too. Most of my non-bass playing friends only care about "Core," but there's so much more to "Tiny Music." And of course...Robert DeLeo's playing is on fire on that album, especially on "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart."

eVil cAkE
    :D

4. why do they have such feelings towards it?

5. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Yeah I read they didnt like it, but I got it and loved it.

6. same here melvin!

i hear the bass on that album was recorded on guitar amps...

7. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    This such an interesting album...I remember when I bought it I was like Whats this? But I loved it after a couple listens. So cool

8. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

One of my all time favorite albums, very unique feel to it. I hope STP keeps going

9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Yeah, thats probably my favorite STP album too.

I love all of Rob's playing but trippin is definetly the sickest.

Peace
    Nick