1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tiny Terror Guitar Head for Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Caseytheflash, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Caseytheflash

Caseytheflash

Apr 9, 2015
    Hi All,

Im not sure if this has been covered before but I'm struggling to find anything substantial, Im looking for some soundclips of anyone using their bass through a Tiny Terror stack, Ive seen people using it through a bass cab but not a guitar cab. If anyone has any clips or can link me to some Id be really grateful

thanks
    Casey

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I would never play a bass thru a guitar cab unless you are trying to kill he cab.

Guitar head and a bass cab works fine IME.

jim777 likes this.
  3. Caseytheflash

Caseytheflash

Apr 9, 2015
    Ah thats cool, i know that its going to be a lot quiter than it normaly would through a guitar cab any way round this other than micing up?

4. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    it won't be suitable at that wattage for much more than solo practice, what are you hoping to do with it? And as noted, guitar heads and bass cabs are fine, Chris Squire used Sunn Coliseum Lead heads for years and years. You just can't put a bass through a guitar cab for long without killing those speakers.

5. Caseytheflash

Caseytheflash

Apr 9, 2015
    Itll just be for getting a more dirty tone m every now and then but im sure there are better ways of doing it, just curious :)

6. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    If you have a bass amp with an effects loop, and the Orange has an effects loop, you could go from the send of the bass amp's loop to the input of the Orange, then from the Orange's loop send into the loop return of the bass amp. That would let you use the Orange's preamp section as a boost. Just start out with the Orange's volumes set to 0 and adjust upwards from there so you don't blow anything up or set anything on fire :)

7. Caseytheflash

Caseytheflash

Apr 9, 2015
    Oh yeah i hadnt thought of that! Ive got a sansamp rbi doing that atm and it sounds loads better than the terror bass but Sounds like a plan :) thanks buddy :)

8. jim777

Aug 7, 2006
    South Jersey
    Any time, good luck! :)