1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TIP: Don't leave dead batteries on a window sill.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by kulit17, Oct 29, 2013.

1. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

Going through some pics and found this one rather amusing.

Some time ago I was going through my pedals and basses and replacing 9V batteries. I metered them to check how much juice they had and replaced accordingly. I placed all the dead one on a window sill in the room. Totally forgot all about them since i've been meaning to dispose of them properly. One day I was in the room and heard a quite time of "boom". Puzzled at what the sound was from, i finally found it was a battery that blew up.

10555753616_71247a9418_b.

i then put all batteries in a box for disposal the next time i go to the electronics store to put in a battery bin.

BUT i found this on my bass! it cleaned up ok, but sheeesh!! it actually shot the span of the room which is about 6 feet. (window sill is 3ft from floor and body of bass on hook was about 1 foot from floor - talk about trajectory)

10555754556_c82c981bf5_b.