Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tips for ordering a carvin custom

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Mar 3, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Any advice would be helpfull,i would be paying with a money order. How would you get a price quote. Thanks :)

2. alembicfive

alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    USA
    Just give them a call! The Carvin sales people are very helpful and can go over all the options and prices. They helped me with my first purchase. My second one was done totally via their web site.

1-800-854-2235

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Just call 'em up...this is better than online since you can ask questions.

BTW...Have you considered the low wide frets option? Lately I've been kinda unsatisfied with the frets on my Carvin (standard frets). Too big...Just a thought.

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  5. MAJOR METAL

is anyone using the wider neck option. I am thinking of this since i want to go with an LB75P.

6. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I had a BB75 and I believe the spacing is standard on them. Great bass... Very comfortable to play.

7. MAJOR METAL

Is their something on their site then you can get a price quote from. Thanks

8. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Actually there is..

On their main page in the upper left hand side are liks... One is to their custom guitars and basses where you can select model and options and if you hit "add to cart" (i think) it'll give you a total.

http://www.carvin.com/cgi-bin/Isearch.exe?P1=BGTR

9. mark beem

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Also they have a "Basses in Stock" section there too... Might want to check that out. Sometimes you can find one with the features you want already built... Omits the waiting period you'd normally have.

http://www.carvin.com/guitars-in-stock/

They're showing about 25 LB75P's currently in stock and ready to ship.

10. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I have played and owned many a Carvin. My suggestions are to get the wide, asymmetrical neck option, and the tung oiled neck option. Good luck!

11. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    My suggestions: make sure you really want a carvin. really scutinize it for the test period. I have owned 2 carvins and while the construction is top notch, the pickups/electronics/tone leave a lot to be desired. Some people are happy with theirs, just make sure it is really something you want as resale value on them is terrible. I had a LB70 (with J/MM pickups and I was never fully happy with it). I also had a LB50 that was OK, better than the LB70, but still not a dream bass.

you might like it, but just be sure to really check it out and realize that there are other nice basses out there in the same price range.

-KB