Tips for playing and singing? Please

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Tubs, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Tubs

Apr 2, 2001
    I'm in a band where i do quite alot of lead vocals. I find it really difficult. Is there anyway to make it easier?
  2. You may want to do a keyword search because this topic has come up a few times before. With that said, the general consensus is: the more you practice at it, the easier it will become.
  3. jhbass

Jan 21, 2001
    There's a guy in our band who plays both bass and lead and sings with both. When I asked how he managed to play bass and sing he said he had simply spent alot of time practicing with the drummer.
  4. BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    Yeah, pretty much all you can do is practice practice practice. But if I were you, don't let me influence you too much cause I haven't heard you sing, but if I were you I would stick to bass, it is a lot easier to perform when you aren't stuck in front of a mic, and you can show off on your bass a lot more
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Practice is about it, but I also find tapping my foot helps keep me playing on top of the beat (if that doesn't look too uncool these days :rolleyes: )
  6. MojoNixon

Apr 3, 2001
    i just use key word as the guy before said, and practice a lot
  7. Gekobrain

Nov 17, 2000
    Hey Tubs. I find that when singing and playing it's quite helpful to find where the notes change and find what words your singing at that time. That way you know when you say 'Your gonna die' you change from playing an A to a D. Or whatever.