Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tips on building

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by natedogg567, Mar 10, 2001.

1. I just saw louis's great looking bass and have decided that it'd be so fun to build a bass of my own. I was wondering where one could get info on building. I just need to know how to do it(and some cash!). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I highly recommend that you get a copy of "Make Your Own Electric Guitar" by Melvyn Hiscock.

Very thorough and informative, and one of the projects in the book is an electric bass.

You can get it from Stewart MacDonald Guitar Shop Supply - www.stew-mac.com

Have fun!! :)

3. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Iam getting ready to go to the roberto vinn school of luthiere! Awsome school 5-months

4. How much would a lutheire school cost?? i might do that since i dont yet know what im doing for a career (im only 16!).

5. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
  6. Thank you very much! :)

7. john

john

Dec 15, 1999
    There is an web site that is totally dedicated to building instruments. It is The Musical
    Instrument Makers Forum. More info than you will ever need. Get Hiscock's book. It is
    mandetory reading for the beginner.