Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tired of playing?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by OblivionBass, Jul 3, 2005.

1. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    Sometimes i just get these.... "down periods" where I lose the drive to play.. Does anyone have any good songs (slap perferrably) for me to learn?

:bawl:

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Go with what your feeling. It WILL come back. Try listening to some music that sends a triggle up the spin for a while.

3. OblivionBass

OblivionBass

Jul 3, 2005
    Its not that i'm just waitiung around for it to come back, I just need a challenging song

(slap maybe?)

4. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    You tried 'Classical Thump' by Victor Wooten?, that is very challenging, you'll be working on that for a while.

If your maybe not advanced for victor wooten yet, just try some of RHCP's Blood sugar sex magik, funky basslines (some of which are a challenge, and some nice slap lines)

5. if you want technical slap lines and techniques check out vic wootens web site. he has some simple open hammer pluck things but he also has detailed classical thump things.

aslo check out www.basslobster.com and watch his video about double thumbing. master those techniques and then try to learn You Cant Hold No Groove, you can find a transcription at the hudson music site.

if you master you cant hold no groove... then hats off to you because i still struggle to hold a groove(pun intended :p ) on that song