Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TI's in Canada???

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by basse, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Anyone know of a TI dealer in Canada? Preferrably Toronto!

2. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    try the Soundpost. Awhile back I was in there for DB strings, and I think they had some EB strings too. Not sure if they still have them.

3. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    George Heinl on Church St. is a TI dealer and frequently stocks TI electric bass strings even though they don't sell electric instruments. Good people too.

The Sound Post is the most arrogant and pompous store on the planet. Electric bass players are only slightly above the amoeba on their evolutionary scale. I'm an upright player too and even I get their classical music holier-than-holy attitude.
    If you're a first chair symphony player (of any string instrument) and are looking to spend fifty grand on an instrument or five grand on a bow then the Sound Post will make you feel very welcome. Otherwise, the best you'll get is being treated like an 8 year old student who still makes his violin sound like fingernails on a blackboard.