1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Titan ABG: not so bad...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CoffeeBass, Feb 20, 2008.

1. My wife decided to get me a ABG for my b-day to replace the takamine I just sold. I just wanted something to plunk around the house with. We ordered one of those Titan $100-shipped ABGs. I just got it today and I was impressed. I was expecting needing to do a major setup first thing. It plays and sounds good right out of the box. Sounds like poo in a tin can plugged in but I think that it is mostly due a mis-placed piezo element. Also, this thing is tiny! It is about the size of an acoustic guitar! I was suprised at how much volume it had for such a small body. My wife thinks that it is louder than my old takamine eg512c.

I will follow up with a more detailed review soon, but I say this is well worth the money if you just need something to play around the house/campfire.

CB

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'd get that pickup put in their right, and see if you can get a big sound out of it. Does it have a preamp at all?

3. It does have a preamp. They put it in backwards though! When you are holding the bass everything is upside down =) I am taking it to my friend who is a luthier and tech guy. He's a wizard. I am thinking about getting a small mic pickup from artec and get a mix of sounds. I might have to get a soundhole cover to prevent feedback.

CB