Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Titan Bass Guitars...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Amorphous, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Amorphous

Amorphous

Oct 31, 2003
    Hey all,
    I'm just starting to get into bass, my friend has a squier bass guitar that I've been messing around on, and now I want one myself. I only have about $220 to spend, and I noticed on ebay you can get Titan Bass packages for around $165-$220... the only problem is, I've never heard of Titan, and I don't really know if it's quality.

I guess my question is, would a Titan Bass be good for me as a beginner? Would a Squier be a better choice to look for? Any other suggestions in my price range?

Thanks in advance :)

2. I'd probably stay with a Squier if it was me. Squiers are good beginner instruments and will serve you well. Be sure to take somebody with you who knows about instruments because some are better than others; the quality often varies from one instrument to another. I have been playing almost 40 years and have used several Squiers as gigging basses over the last 10 or 12 years.

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    essex's from rondo music - absolute best bang for the book as we have discussed on many occasions... and also get a peavey microbass amp, for the same reasons

you can do a search at the bottom of the page for these thigns - youve just gotta go to the relevant forum.

essex = $100
    microbass = $100
    and thats a GREAT beginner setup

4. I've never played an Essex, so I'm reluctant to recommend them. A lot of people seem to like them and a lot of people seem to sell them rather quickly.

5. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    alot of people buy them cuz theyre cheap quality instruments....

alot os people sell them beacuse they decide they LIKE playing bass and want somethign a little better.

6. So, do you like yours? Do you plan to keep it?

7. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    I like mine, I plan to sell it.
    But really greatest bass for the money. Period.

8. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Essex, best value for the $$. I gig with mine regularly.

9. Amorphous

Amorphous

Oct 31, 2003
    Thank you all for your suggestions/comments.

I noticed no one commented on Titans though, has anyone ever played one? Or should I just avoid the unknown?

Thanks in advance ;)

10. yeah I'm thinking people can't comment on it cuz it's not popular at all, and there's probably a good reason why. Go for the Essex and a Peavey Microbass. I have an Essex P-bass and a microbass and it sounds pretty darned good for the price I paid.

11. At that low price range, the distinctions between a Titan and a Squier are probably, um, er, uh, amorphous....

12. Amorphous

Amorphous

Oct 31, 2003
    Are you using my name as the word? Or just saying "err..you're stupid.." :)

Clarification please! :bassist: