1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Titan V12 Owners, Question about Channel Switching

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I'm looking at the V12. The footswitch only has 5 buttons from what I can see, one of which is a general 'OD' button. Is it possible, with the stock footswitch, to set Channel 1 for clean, Channel 2 for OD, and then switch between the 2? Or would I have to make a footswitch, that uses the other footswitch functions?

2. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    You could do that... but I don't know why you'd want to. Each channel has its own dedicated overdrive. I usually set channel one for a "cleaner" warm sound when clean, then when I switch on the overdrive it gets wooly. I set channel two to be more like a driven tube amp clean, and the overdrive setting to be an all out fuzz/distortion assault.

Basically, each channel is both clean/dirty and footswitchable between the two.

3. You can definately set the two channels up for clean/overdrive, but you'd have to kick the OD on or off after the channel swap. The footswitch overrides the front panel OD control, so there's no way to keep one channel on OD after you swap to the other. I really hope that all made sense...:meh: