1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TK0 65

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ryker888, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ryker888

ryker888

Jul 21, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    I was at a garage sale last week and I found a old peavey tko 65 for $10. I sent peavey support and email asking for information on it but I havent heard anything from them. I dont have a pic of mine but this is it
    [​IMG]

does anybody know about what time these were made or any thing else about them?

2. That's your standard Peavey combo. Not sure when they came out originally but by the mid 80's every young bassist was issued one upon deciding to take up the instrument.

It probably sounds exactly like it did when it was brand new. Which isn't that great, but still.

The picture is of one with the early 80's style knobs.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    That's funny. They sure were standard issue for a lot of beginners though.

For $10 it's worth it if working. The one in the picture appears to have the Peavey Scorpion speaker.

With so many better amps out these days at good prices I wouldn't try to gig with one, but it would be fine for a practice amp. Can't beat $10.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That was my first real bass amp. $10 is fair, if it works.

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ha! That was my first amp too! They were everywhere! Anyway. It's a score at $10. It will make a nice practice amp. Or you can sell it to the next new bassist for at least $75.

6. Jaybird1969

Jaybird1969

Mar 21, 2009
    I still have my TKO 75. It futzed out on me a few years ago, and makes all kinds static-y racket when I turn it on now, but it was a solid practice/beginner amp for sure. Funny, I was just looking at it in my basement the other day, debating getting it serviced. But yeah, $10 is a steal - I still see them go for $100+/- on ebay and craigslist from time to time.

7. ryker888

ryker888

Jul 21, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    Thanks for the info guys, for $10 I'm sure I can find a use for it, or end up turning a profit on it