1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TKO-80 NO SOUND

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jason Goulon, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Jason Goulon

Jason Goulon

Aug 12, 2020
    Hey, I'm having issues with an old TKO-80 peavey amp when I plug in my bass it doesn't make a sound it worked for a little bit through the chorus send no idea whats wrong any help.

2. Could be your cable or your bass? I am not up on what you mean by the chorus send.

You can try jumping the fx loop with a guitar cable or pedal cable.

You can try plugging bass direct into the fx return. It should make some sound but not much.

3. Try plugging Bass directly into High or Low Gain w/o using patch loop.
    Then add chorus to preamp out pwr amp in loop.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

As suggested try bypassing any switching contacts in the signal chain. Effects Send to Return, Pre-amp Out to Power Amp In etc. This should br done using signal cables.

5. Silly question, but you're not using a cable with TRS plugs on it, are you?

BassmanPaul likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 25, 2021