1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD TL-606 Cabs, Kappalite Loaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Count Bassie, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    After some counsel and sitting down with this, I'm pulling the sale offer and closing the thread. I need to just be still and stop kicking up dust. I'm pretty sure there's a better way to solve my logistical/ergonomic problem than losing the sound I've been hearing, chasing, and working with for years now. What am I, an idiot...? The guy who said "You're a carpenter..." is on the right page actually- I just need some patience for the opportunity to show up.

To all concerned, I regret the disappointment I've helped you stub your toe on, and hope you guys find what you're after.

Thanks and best to all...

2 of 'em, trad TL-606s, with Emi Kappalite 3015 drivers. Drivers are in excellent shape, cabs are well-worn but solid, with casters.

Price adjusted, $200 each.

Local sale in New England preferred...

etc...

2. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Will haggle some- and be most inclined to do so for a "New English" sale... (in New England... :rolleyes:)

3. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Bump, price dropped.

4. Superstellar

Superstellar

Apr 29, 2012
    Look kickass.:bassist:

5. ThudThudThud

ThudThudThud

Jun 4, 2010
    You're a carpenter, have a couple of Kappalites in beaten up cabs, and you haven't considered a 1515/6, or a 15/6 fEarful?
    Is this the same Talkbass I usually come to?

6. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Just *how did you* figure out that I hadn't considered building a fEARful? Amazing. :rolleyes:

Not all us carpenteer-folk are endowed with the luxury of time and shop space for such musings. Besides, these aren't the LF drivers the fEARfuls call for. They're great cabs, I'm just re-jigging my cartage.

7. What do they weigh?

8. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    I'll get back on that...

9. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Killer cab design there ....good luck

10. Count Bassie

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Yeah, they work alright. Thanks gmarcus...

The cabs weight about 62 lbs each, now that I've gone and actually weighed them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.