1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TL-606 Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cadduc, May 11, 2006.

1. cadduc

cadduc

Mar 4, 2006
    HELP TL-606

I know there are several threads that discuss the Electro-Voice TL-606. After reviewing them, none discuss or answer my questions. Please help me.

I want to install my Electro-Voice EVM-15’s in 1 x 15 cabs that are based on the Electro-Voice TL-606 plan, my options are:

1. I want to buy some new, commercially available, off-the-shelf empty cabs that are based on the TL-606, does anyone know of a manufacturer offering this today?

2. I could buy some old, used, or nos empty cabs, does anyone know if any were manufactured, what model(s) they are, and what company manufactured them?

3. I read the Mesa Diesel is one cabinet that is based on this design, does anyone know if this is true and how I can locate and then identify this type of cab?

4. Does anyone here have or know someone that has TL-606 cabs they want to sell? Or where I should post a "want to buy" ad?

5. I could contract with someone to make these cabs to the print, but so far I have not found anyone willing to take on this project. Does anyone know a builder they would recommend to do a project like this? I am located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

As a last resort, I have made these cabs in the past, and I could make them now, but today, given the choice, I would rather buy them if I can.

I am looking for two 1 x 15, and may need as many as four.

Thank you for your help

2. flashguitars

flashguitars Commercial User

Oct 7, 2007
    Oxford, AL
    Owner, JEF Audio & Flash Guitars
    If you still need them, I can build you custom cabinets on the TL-606 design. I have been building these and other cabinets of many designs, including my own, since 1984 here in Alabama. Your location for shipping charges, type of wood used and final finish quality will determine the final cost.

3. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

the mesa boogie diesel 1x15 is the same cab. as is the dietz.

save an ebay search for mesa boogie diesel to see them.

the 2x15 is kind of two of those cabs. kind of.

4. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Australia
    For the same approx box size (either single or dual) an Eminence 3015LF will give a lower F3 and about twice the volume displacement and weigh something like 5kg less/driver.
    Edit: Comments based upon the possibility of having enclosures made.

5. morebass!

morebass! I'm all ears Supporting Member

May 31, 2002
    Madison WI
    Bump. I've wondered about this too. I own an older Mesa 2x15 with EVM 15Ls and love the tone. It cuts like nothing else. Not a lot of lows but just enough. My only gripe is the power handling of only 400 watts for the cab. Thus my interest in owning more of them.:)

6. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    where you at? get a local cabinet maker to do it for you. i've got a copy of the original TL606 specs from EV if you need em. i just built two (13ply baltic birch, truckbedlined exterior, loaded with EVX-155s) and I'm lovin the sound of em driven by an SVT.

7. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    yea they're not too hard to build. i've never built one, but i've built a ton of tl806's. (a little side buisiness of mine) all of ev's single driver cabs (minus the horn loaded ones) are pretty basic, and about the same. just varying sizes. build a couple.

8. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Ping TB'er Chef. He has a couple of the Mesa ones, which he told me are true to the EV design. He went with the Kappalite 3015 (non-LF I think) in at least one of his.

I have a 3015LF in my slightly upsized 606 clone. It crushes the EVM15B I previously had in there, IMHO. But, it does need some help to get the high end where I want it. The was true with the EV too though...;)