TNC Haters Club

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slobake, Nov 11, 2015.

Tags:
  1. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

Tuna noodle casserole is disgusting. The least whiff of that foul stench makes me want to vomit. What sort of a twisted evil person would invent such a thing anyway? It must have come from the very kitchens of hell.
    So, instead of continuing to de-rail a certain other thread we can unleash all our anti TNC hate mongering comments here.
    What say you TB? TNC haters unite and together we can make the world a little better without a certain toxic substance polluting our kitchens, our cafeterias and our simulated leather dinette extranzas.
    Want a number, just ask and fly it proudly.

2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

It's got nothing on Plah-Rah in Thailand, fermented fish.

pla-ra.jpg

joeaba and slobake like this.
  3. slobake

Don't try and change the subject! I tell you that TNC must be eradicated and nothing will distract us from that noble cause.

carl h. and Gaolee like this.
  4. joeaba

joeaba

Aug 20, 2015
    Georgia
    I can't imagine anyone claiming TNC as a favorite meal. Never ate it and hope I never will.

5. Tom Lane

Tom Lane Gold Supporting Member

Will you people never give up?!?!? Tuna-casserolists everywhere are entitled to eat what we like! It's freedom of food, as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution! Next, you'll be telling me that your victimization of TNC-ers will include making Starbucks use plain red cups instead of the usual end-of-year designs with all the little fish and hooks and such!

;)

bholder and slobake like this.
  6. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Corned beef casserole is the finest of the tinned meat casseroles. I've had tuna casserole that wasn't so bad..... I think it has something to do with peas.

7. slobake

Just for that you don't get Cool Whip with your frozen pumpkin pie this year. HA!

Phalex likes this.
  8. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Raw sugar, real cream, and Mexican vanilla. That's how I roll......

S-Bigbottom and slobake like this.
  9. slobake

Now you're talking. YEAH!

/\/\3phist0 and Phalex like this.
  10. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Some of us grew up poor and were very happy to have TNC on Fridays.

11. slobake

PHAH! That vile glop was forced upon many of us less fortunate children. All day Friday I would be praying and hoping for fish sticks and tater tots. As I drew near our humble rental unit that vomitous stench would crawl out to greet me like skunk soufflé. I knew then that all hope was lost.

David Jayne, carl h. and Atshen like this.
  12. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Gubment cheese is some gourmet ****!!!

13. slobake

Good slathered in Gubment peanuts butter.
    It should be against the law to make TNC with food stamps. That's it I'm going to pound out an angry letter to my senator. Something must be done!

14. Phalex

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Pound it out brother! Pound it out! Just don't touch my gubment cheese with those filthy paws.

15. slobake

Used to make some great meals from this amazing epicurean masterpiece. Not one mention of TNC in that fine publication, no sir.

517qFx9xBJL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
    pauliepaulie likes this.
  16. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

The only way I'll eat tuna hot is in creamed tuna on toast (YES, a variation on the famous S.O.S.)

I make a fine, substantial white sauce which you can stand a fork in. Learned it at Boy Scout Camp, which is never a sterling recommendation for any recipe.

However, it's a very functional dish. Every time I volunteer to make it for dinner, my wife gets inspired to make dinner. I find this to be a very successful outcome.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  17. slobake

HEY! You're pushing my boundaries here! *

* If you are new here or don't know me do not be alarmed. This is all in the spirit of fun.

18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

In that case, let me just assure you that I think tuna noodle casserole would be best employed as stucco on a wall. Nasty stuff.

pcake and slobake like this.
  19. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    Woof.

20. slobake

I heard that back in the 60's Jorma Kaukonen wanted to call his band Hot Sh** but the record company wouldn't go for it. Hot Tuna was the closest thing he could come to that name. Makes sense to me.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021