Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

TNT 15" replacement -?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BillytheBassist, Jan 25, 2006.

1. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    My faithfull peavey 15" "blue marvel" speaker is finally biting the dust. I cant exactly afford to replace it ATM but, i have an older Peavey "c-600" network cab that has 2 15" drivers in it. I would like to know if it would be a good idea to use one of the drivers from it to replace the blue marvel...? The cabinet itself is a 4 ohm cab and uses 2 -15's and two horn's. Thanks in advance.
    Peace

2. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Bump? :oops:

3. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    Perhaps you could pull one the of speakers from the 'c-600' cab and see what it might be; that would be helpful. You could also call Peavey Parts and see if they would answer that. There is also a forum at Peavey.com where you could ask.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    definitly ask peavy
    if the cab/amp was available with a black widow i'd probably use that instead of the blue marvel

5. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I pulled the speaker... it doesn't have any print on it though. I'll hit up the peavey forum's....thanks guy's

6. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    I was just going to follow up on this and let you guy's know that the speaker from the c-600 cab worked. I also A B'd the two speakers before i closed it up. Much to my surprize the old c-600 speaker sounded much better than the blue marvel it replaced. It sounded alot tighter and "fatter". I never could specify what kind of speaker it was though.. I know that the C600 speaker has a red sticky rubbery material around the edges of the cone "sorry i don't know the technical terms for speaker parts", and the magnet is square. Also, the cone itself has deep ridges, killin 15" driver..... Anyway's just a follow up.
    Peace

7. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    That Blue Marvel is probably just an Eminence.

8. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Any idea what the speaker that came out of the C600 might be?