Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To Aggie DB 750 owners!!! and others too...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by larrytron, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Hi there,
    I'm into getting a DB 750 and just want to know one or two things.
    Can I plug two 4ohms(4x10 + 2x12) in the head or it'll be two much???
    Also, what do you use? 4ohm? 8? 2?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

larry
    :bassist:

2. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    The DB750 will handle 2 4 ohm cabs.

3. PICK

PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Running 2 4ohm boxes will give you a total Impedence load of 2ohms. The Aguilar DB750 will run at 2ohms quite happily. Running the head at 2 ohms will give you the maximum power of 975watts. Which is a hell of alot of power! You shouldnt need anymore power than that. Have fun

P.S Wear ear plugs!!

4. Ok!! Thanks a lot.
    That's exacltly what I hoped.
    I was about getting a preamp + power amp config.
    But I now know Ag Db750 is the ultimate amp for me.
    Sound,power....:bassist:

thx again!

larry

5. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Welcome to the club! :D

I've never run less than a 4 ohm load, but even at "only" 750 watts through two 8 ohm cabs, the DB750 is stupid loud.

I can't imagine how you'd ever get your master volume past 8 or 9 o'clock with the whole 975 watts. :eek:

But it's always been my philosophy that you can't have too much power, but you can surely have too little.

Enjoy!

6. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I've got a 4ohm GS410 and GS210 into my 750. I can run it at 2 ohms all day without breaking a sweat. Sure its a TON of power, but its nice to have the headroom. I never turn mine up past 9-10 o'clock on a loud night. Its a beautiful thing. Too bad its a HEAVY thing to boot :)

7. GS210!!! hmmmmm... @4 ohm, does the gs210 blow up when used alone?
    I guess it depends of the amount of volume we feed the box.
    Anyway, for you, what would be the perfect combination with a GS212 ?(because with a 410 the rig's gonna be really, really big, I'll need a scale to put the head on top!!!).
    I was thinking of a 212 and a 210 with the db750, that would be a compact powerfull rig for any gig situation...:cool:(I'm not gigging in football arenas so I guess this would be enough for my "any" situation)

larry

8. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Actually, the 210 sounds really nice on its own. You have to take it easy on the master knob, but I've never used it and worried about overpowering it. Ask Dave Siff on here about the other speaker combo, he had/has a 212/210 Aguilar setup.

9. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    One way to spend more moolah but save your back is to look into an Epifani ultralite 210 and 410 cabinet together. Or maybe even their 215 and a 210. They'll break your bank account before your back goes. I've owned their "regular" 310 and now their 212 and feel they are definitely a step up from the Aguilar cabs. The 750 (too much moolah for me at this time....heck I'm trying to sell off two basses to pay my rent for the next 3 months!!) is supposed to be a killer head. I use to own a DB359 but didn't find the "right" combination of tone with the speakers (Eden 210XLT, and 2 SWR Goliath JR's...then EA 208's and one Goliath jr) I had. I also had to really crank it, master volume in the 2 or 3 o'clock area and the preamp volume in the noonish area.

I opted for a 1200 Watt at 2 ohm setup (Sunn 1200s) which with my 4 ohm Epifani 212 never goes past 3 on the pre and 2 to 3 on the master volume with pulennteeeeee of volume to spare.

The 750 also has pulenteeee of power to spare and should give most players that Phattone they like. The Sunn is not as Hifi-ish sounding supposedly, but frankly, I can't hear the difference. If you have a decent bass, decent fingers, decent speakers, and some adjustability of tone in the head/bass/graphic etc., you should be able to make any "decent" head sound....well..Decent. I just can't see paying $2000 or more street price (am I off here?) for the aguilar new. There's a 728 on talkbass I believe for $1200....I'd get that and an Avalon R5 is it? for $500 before I'd spend $2000+ on a new Aggie head....but of course, that's cheapie me who can't afford to keep 1/2 of his equipment.

LKaye