To Alexvs: MultiDrive experience

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Jan 22, 2003.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Sorry about this personal message, but your email account doesn't seem to work. As I answer your mail with a post here instead I'll use English...

I don't have too much to contribute regarding the MultiDrive pedal as I don't use overdrive all that much, just a touch now and then to make a sound less clinical so to speak. I used to own a FullTone BassDrive pedal that to me had a better overdrive sound, but it's big, not so user friendly and very expensive. The MultiDrive pedal fitted in better with the others. I've had some minor problems with the EBS pedals, the MultiDrive included. They seem a bit fussy with regards to power supply, I had one with a bit high voltage and that caused various noises from the different pedals. The EBS power supply seems to work well though. The external power connector seems a bit iffy as well, I've had some problems with the battery power after using external power for a while and then removing that connector. The connector seems to not re-connect battery power again. Other than these problems the pedals seem very solid.

Overdrive is a personal thing, so try first, is my only advice, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Good luck!