1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

To all Georgia TBers: Tell me about Macon

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Nov 1, 2006.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    One of the law schools I'm very strongly considering is Mercer University in Macon. I've had friends live there through the years, but have fallen out of touch with most of them, and none of them live there any more.
    I'll be heading up that way to check out the school probably in about a month, but for now, tell me what y'all know about Macon and/or Mercer.

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer Supporting Member

May 24, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO USA
    FWIW,

Macon is home and the burial place of one the better EBG players of all time, Mr. Berry Oakley.

Although, the families a little weird about the grave sites there.

3. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Any more of you Georgia folks want to chime in?

4. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    My dad and sister both live there, on the north side- River North Coutry Club (they just renamed it, but I don't remember what they renamed it to...) Their area is pretty nice, takes about 15 minutes to get downtown. I agree with not a lot to do- the gig scene isn't great, they've put a lot of money into the downtown area in recent years trying to make it more cosmopolitan or whatever. Mercer is highly regarded, and you're only an hour and a half from ATL. It gets hot in the summer, and humid, but not like Texas! It snows in winter sometimes, and there's a lot of trees. That's about all I know- oh, and rent is cheap from what I can recall. Music stores in the area are all low-end, beginner level crap. Nothing pro that I could find, but Atlanta has a big scene, and they have quite a few stores with good stuff.