Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To all sellers posting auctions.

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Blackbird, Feb 12, 2001.

1. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I know that everyone wants to get the most money for their gear as possible, but how about offering the gear you have for sale to your fellow TalkBassists before making them compete for it? If there are no takers, then put it up for auction. Is this too much to ask?

Will C.:cool:

2. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    what if we see good deals on gear or basses on ebay and want to show other talkbassers?

3. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Good question. In that case, it would be ok, but usually something like that could be put in the "Basses" forum or whichever forum were more appropriate for the piece of gear in question. The classifieds are for people who are selling their own stuff.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    There's kind of a double edge sword there...

Bringing attention to an auction item can expose it to more people.

OTOH if you've found a sleeper that hasn't drawn much attention and are trying to win it this can really blow that for you.

5. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    That is true. However, the purpose of my post was to encourage members to sell their gear directly instead of asking TalkBass members to bid on stuff.

If someone is looking for something, they can go to eBay and look for it themselves. If sellers want maximum bang for the buck, I'd say eBay provides more than enough willing buyers, but if people are just unloading gear, offering it to TalkBass members at a fair price (or even a great price) would be a very nice gesture. There are a lot of young (and not so young) players here with not so great gear who would benefit greatly from this.

How many TalkBassists have bought something on eBay which they found listed here first? I'd be interested in knowing. If a person is selling their gear and would like to sell it on TalkBass, it would be nice if we didn't have to compete with every other schmo out there in the Iternet. It's a matter of principle. Is it too much to ask?

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I agree BW, I was responding to Mr. Wooten.

7. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
  8. wow big wheel....you just totally defined me as far as my gear goes.

9. Just didn't want to see this get lost......