1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

to all that own Bergs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MooseKnuckle, May 11, 2010.

1. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    This may be the wrong company to look to, but is there a Berg cab that has that similar modern/scooped that SWR/Eden have? I like that tone, but want something alittle less "cookie cutter", and with better quality.

2. If you can get your hands on one of the discontinued original HT cabs (there is an HT210 for sale in the classifieds right now), that will get you where you want to go... deep bass, polite mids, super modern treble. They weigh a ton though.

There really isn't anything in the line-up now that has that tone profile other than the IP310, which is based on the older HT design (same tweeter and I assume the same or similar drivers).

The new SWR GoLights actually are getting some good reviews... worth a look.... nice and lightweight.

3. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    The scooped SWR tone is in their head, only to a much much smaller degree in their cab.

But the Berg discontinued HT210 has that sound, to some degree.

4. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    Thank you very much for your help. I was looking into the IP310, but if I can get my hands on a HT210, I will. Thanks again.

5. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    IIRC don't Epifani cabs also have the modern and clear scooped mid sound?

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Actually IMO, the cabs are the strong points for both SWR and Eden. It's their amps that don't get nearly as much love.
    I loved my Eden 212XLT. Excellent small/medium rig.

Not worse really than my Berg though- just different.

7. +1 Lot's of 'ex' Eden and SWR guys that I know went from their heavy older SWR Goliath and Eden XLT cabs to the Epi UL's... pure, wide, plenty bright.