1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

To all the Newbs! We can do it!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by DarkArwen, Apr 28, 2010.

1. DarkArwen

DarkArwen

Oct 29, 2009
    So, a chain store who shall remain nameless jacked up my bass AGAIN! I decided to just do it myself. It had a weird buzz on the A string D. Just the 5th fret.. no where else. And entirely too much "slap" for my taste on the E string.
    Fifteen minutes later, my bass is playable and I am not trying to avoid certain notes. I'm too skeered for truss road adjustments yet. But remember, if I can do it.. so can you!!

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

So instead of their jacking it up, you jacked it up - right? :D

Glad it worked out...well done.

3. 251

Oct 6, 2006
    Metro Boston MA
    Good job. Applause, applause :cool:

I once knew a fellow who wouldn't hang his coat in the closet because he just knew there was a bear in there, who would get him. A 1/4 turn adjustment to your truss rod will do no harm, if it isn't forced because of corrosion.

Get a capo, feeler gauge & the adjusting tool & go hang up your coat!

4. yeah i wont go to that 'store' when i have an issue. took my ibby there cos teacher says the neck is wavy...dude there says it's fine. he didnt really look at it, im like whatever. *grumble* hehe

glad it worked out for ya..

5. Learn how to do basic setups, it's fun and it'll save you a lot of $$ down the line.

6. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I hope you played it before you left the store, and didn't pay them until the job was performed satisfactorily.