1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

To all the spector guys please help..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gumby562, Dec 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gumby562

Gumby562

Jan 5, 2017
    I recently purchased a used spector euro. Based on what I read and the serial number I believe it to be a 2011. I opened up the back to look at the preamp and to lower the gain setting and it doesn't have the trim pot. I thought all 2008 and newer spector euro tonepumps have the trim pot so now I'm confused to what's going on with the bass. Please help 20171214_203714. 20171214_203722.

2. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    Sorry, but it looks like you have an older non-trim Tonepump in there.

When I owned my non-trim Euro, I just kept the volumes on the bass at 4 or so.
    This setting matched my USA Spectors with their volumes at 10.
    If it really bugs you, you can retrofit a new trim Tonepump (or Aguilar or Darkglass pre) relatively easily.

3. Gumby562

Gumby562

Jan 5, 2017
    Thanks for your answer. And yea that's something I noticed right away. It's crazy loud. As soon as I go from 0 to 1 on the volume it's crazy high. Lots of output. Very loud bass

superdick2112 likes this.
  4. superdick2112

superdick2112 Mile High Bassist Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2010
    The Centennial State
    The Tonepump sounds really nice when dimed, but it is one loud preamp.
    Contact PJ Rubal at spectorbass.com to order a trim Tonepump, or if you can afford it, they have a few of their legendary USA 9-volt preamps in stock right now... :bassist:

In Stock Basses & Behind The Scenes

5. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Cant you just lower the pickup heights slightly?

6. Gumby562

Gumby562

Jan 5, 2017
    didnt think of that. thanks for the suggestion