Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To all you bikers out there

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ADbassman, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Because I know there’s a lot of you.

I'm looking to get a new bike to replace my old Pacific that’s falling apart. It’s a mountain bike, one those with a suspension spring built into the frame. Since I won't be doing much rough terrain biking, I think when I get a new bike it should be a speed bike or some kind of racing bike. I'm looking to ride the length of the Katy Trail in Missouri. I know a lot of you on here ride bikes, so I figured maybe y'all could point me in the right direction.

What would be considered a good, reliable speed/race/what have you bike for just general trail riding and street riding? I'd like to keep the price somewhat reasonable too, but any suggestions are appreciated.

2. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Check out www.mtbr.com. They have reviews of everything bike related and they are a great resource. Be prepared to spend a lot of money though, because mountain bikes are like bass gear......they run on G.A.S.. Good luck with your search.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    [​IMG]

problem solved

4. Looks like a real speed demon. How much?

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You know, if you have to ask.....