1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

to buy or not to buy...what do you think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tewnty_two, Apr 25, 2010.

1. So I got a line on a Squier VM P Bass for real good price. I have $110 but would have to do a rob peter to pay paul thing to get the rest. I've been wanting to get a P and was planning to get a Squier VM telebass or CV 50's by christmas time. So should I buy this one now or wait?

xlcswi.
    jqkg3r.
    nnsh8k.

2. Punk Jazz

Punk Jazz

Sep 17, 2009
    Dover, NH
    Thirty dollars should be fairly easy to come up with legitimately, I would hope. Looks like a decent bass aside from the pics being backwards.

3. I have the money but it was going towards a new 15" for my cab. Its just that dilemma, do I need it? No. Do I want it? YES!

4. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    Nice looking bass. I have a $199 Squire J bass and I think they are the best for the price.

5. crazy_bassist

crazy_bassist

Dec 31, 2003
    Depends how many basses you have, and if you really need a P-Bass.

That information, would be more helpful.

6. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Can you haggle it down just a bit or pay the $110 now and then make up the $30 later?

I'm not a big P-bass fan, but I definitely like the black pickguard on the white body.

7. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Buuuuy it Noooooow.

8. I really like the CV 50's and would go for that. Of course, I already have a regular Precision.

9. Alright so to answer the questions
    I have a cheapo p/j washburn bass that cost $120 about 10 years ago and thats it.
    I dont "need" but its on the GAS list.
    I'm talking to the guy and he said he'd do $110

10. uh. buy it.

11. Im making arrangements to pick it up tomorrow. Now I have to explain to la jefita why I needed to buy this bass....:D

12. because it's awesome is why. My wife is half Honduran, so I LOL'd at la jefita.

13. She'll be cool about as long as I show her how cheap I got it.;)
    This dudes way cool he's gonna deliver to me and everything!!!
    I guess he asked his parents for a bass then he decided he wanted to do the hip hop thing and got into dj-ing and beats so hes selling it to buy a drum pad.
    kids.:p

14. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Good score. You can ALWAYS get that money back out of it later...

Twenty-two? What, you live off the 22 freeway in OC?

15. As a matter of fact I do! but its my lucky number from back in the days.
    So i'm suppose to meet up with the guy today... lets see if it works out.....

16. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    yea dude, $140 a good deal, $110 a SMASHING deal! I'd hit it.