To buy.. Or not to buy...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Microbass, May 19, 2003.

1. Hey guys, browsing through ebay, I found this Yahama bass, I can't remember the model number, but I have played this type or one like it. This is practically identical to the bass at our school!

Now, this is a fretless, and I have been GASing for a fretless for a few months. As long as the auction stays under £100, I may consider it.. But I'd like your opinions.

The action is very nice, on the bass at school, with a new set of strings it'd be pretty sweet. The model at school is a fretted...

Your thoughts?

oops, linky!
  2. Sounds good to me. I was going to say that a bass with only a P pickup doesnt make as good a fretless(IMO) than one with a bridge pickup, but then I saw the auction. If you want it then get it, it's pretty cheap anyways.
  3. Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    Its a RBX 260. I didn't notice that he had added that bridge pickup.
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    fretless P basses sound killer to me... but the Jazz in the bridge is a good addition. I owned a mid 90s Yamaha unlined fretless with a p pickup. It was a great little bass! I grabbed it to cash in a 'in store credit' at a place I hated to deal with with the idea of selling it to recover my cash... but I kept it for almost a year before I sold it to a student.
  5. I don't think he added the J pup, tbh. The bass at our school has the P/J setup. Mind you, I've never seen any other Yamaha's like this!

thx for your opinions. :)
  6. Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    The RBX 260 only has a P pickup and if thats what the model is then he did add it. On the other hand the RBX 270 does have P/J pickups so it could be either one.