Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To car guys: check it - they facelifted the WRX. dialup beware!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, Sep 27, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i cannot tell you how happy this makes me. the car i've wanted for 6+ years became available in 01, and while i still want one BAD i always thought they were pretty homely looking. So now, subaru just unveiled the 04 WRX

[​IMG]

AND THE STi - WHICH WE'RE GETTING THIS TIME!!!!! :D

[​IMG]
    270hp, 6 speed, sparco seats, etc....

i may have to do something very illegal to get one of these after i graduate college.

for comparison, here's the old one
    [​IMG]

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    holy doodle, man! facelift indeed...honestly i kinda dig the new tiburons, as well...if you're into the whole rally car thing. a friend of mine back down in king's bay, georgia has an imprezza. sweet car, awesome handling...when are we gonna get the 2 door version? ;)

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Whatever illegal thing you do....pm me so I can try it as well. :D

4. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA

we're not. supposedly in most markets (the US included) the 4 door outsold the 2 door by a huge margin. so they're just not bothering. which sucks.

but, just to make you and i more mad, here's a p-chop of what it would look like.

[​IMG]

:( :( so badass

5. YES!!! Now subaru wants to make some compition for me! I get sick of the mainly Honda ricers.
    :D
    ~Ad

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    They're selling the STi in America?! Man, I can't wait to get out of college. :( ...and get a job and have enough disposable income that I could afford a $30,000 car...

7. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I know a guy here who owns couple video rentals and drives year or two old WRC-Subaru w/ huge Subaru logo on the sides and all. I was bit amazed when I saw that car at first driven by some kiddies but afterwards I noticed that the guy must had loaned the car to his son.

Nice car anyways, not exactly my style but.. I'd rather get my hands on some nice beefed up Chrysler Sebring or something.

8. those are nice looking imprezas..

although that spoiler on the sti is butt ugly. I hate those big spoilers...

and another thing I've never liked are 2-door cars. I want a car where I can have more than 2 people sitting comfortably.

none the less... very cool cars...

9. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i think the spoiler is kind of ugly too, but ugly in a good way. besides, sti's have always had them, so it's kind of required.

and as for the 2-dr vs 4-dr, i'd probably BUY the 4 door just for gear hauling purposes (it's not a hatchback) but i think the 2dr looks tons better and since all it would be is lengthening one door the rear legroom wouldn't be any different 2 vs 4 door. funny how making one door a little longer and moving that B piller 10" back makes the car look so much differen.

10. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I think they're sharp. Subaru has come a long way over the years since I was a kid.

I cuold do without the exaggerated spoiler though.