1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

To fellow North Americans....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Geddyfleaharris, Sep 6, 2008.

1. I know a lot of TBers rag on Bass Player magazine a bit for their product reviews (understanding that they are in a tough with advertising etc) although I still buy every issue. If you want a different spin on things try finding the British version called Bass Guitar Magazine. Bigger mag, more diverse people featured and they aren't afraid to say when a product is suspect. I found the magazine in a local big box book store (Chapters) a few months ago and have been buying ever since. This month they review Marshall's Lemmy signature series rig. Plus a whole lot of other gear. The rig looks full blown scary but in the end the magazine concludes that it is pricey, will appeal to a select few and is a bit of a one trick pony. But what a trick! The stack just looks monstrous.

Check out the mag if you get a chance or maybe some of you have already stumbled across it. :)

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Bill Leigh wants to know your home address...

3. BGM is a great magazine! I've been getting it in Montreal for a few years (except that period they stopped selling in Canada) I wish it would't arrive a month or two after it is released though.:scowl:

The last issue that came in was the Charlotte Cooper cover. Good issue, as most of the are. Not sure Ms Cooper will be pleased with the crotch shot pic in her interview though!

4. Lazylion

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Bass guitar AND crotch shots?? This I gotta check out!

5. At my local Barnes and Noble has the Bass Guitar Magazine. I think its a bit overpriced in the US $12.00. So I just buy a coffee and read through it. I subscribe to Bass Player magazine. Its ok, but I always thought that Guitar World's Bass Guitar magazine was the best one. To bad they don't print it anymore.

For bass gear reviews nothing beats

http://www.bassgearmag.com/web/

6. Well, she was wearing some undies.

7. Lazylion

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Oh. :scowl:

8. That was a sah-weet pic! :bassist:

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine

Thanks for the props! I was sad to see Guitar World's Bass Guitar Magazine go, but if that hadn't happened, there'd be no Bass Gear Magazine, so I guess it was for the best! :D

And I have to agree that the UK's Bass Guitar Magazine is a great mag. I am a subscriber, and I like it a lot.

I am also a long time Bass Player subscriber, and a happy customer. Also a fine publication that offers a lot more than just bass gear reviews.

Tom.