Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To go with AllodoX's OD... I'm gonna make a duel channel fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jeff Moote, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I've decided to make a duel channel fuzz. One is based on the "Muff Fuzz" which is likely a takeoff on the big muff sound. The only control is a level. Channel 2 is a 3 transistor circuit with a drive control, bias control, level, and a switch for fat or thin.

This should be interesting.

2. :)

also stay tuned for the Allobass buttbooster ( fuzz with extreme bottom ) :)

[​IMG]

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    way to steal his thunder, ALOE-VERA!

(btw, if the butt-booster [butt buster? *** blaster?] is priced comparably to a frantone, i'm interested!)

Edit Bigfeet: Language! Unless you were discribing a mule detonation device, try to keep it clean.

4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Goin shopping for parts tomorrow... if I can get the transistors I'm looking for I can have this running in a few days.

5. So i just returned from getting parts for the buttbooster..

woah.. stompboxes are expensive ! :eek:

It costs me $ 70 for the parts..

stomp-switches are $5 each, and a black, metal housing ( 150mm x 82mm x 32mm ) costs $ 22 :eek: !!

it's the center one..

[​IMG]

6. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Allodox! The best effects boxes are the cast aluminum Hammond 1590B and 1590BB. One is the small MXR-size and the the other is sansamp DI-size. Under 10 bucks a piece. Also, don't waste your time and money on anything other than carling DPDT switches. Steve Daniels at small bear electronics has all your pedal-building needs:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/

7. So i noticed.. :(

ah well.. this one is the prototype so.. :D

8. Mohawk Freak

Mohawk Freak

Mar 8, 2002
    London
    AllodoX: Buttbuster looks and sounds Cool!!! Those boxes look like pencilcases though!
    Like I said, let us know when you have a prototype built, I'm interested.