1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

To go with AllodoX's OD... I'm gonna make a duel channel fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jeff Moote, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I've decided to make a duel channel fuzz. One is based on the "Muff Fuzz" which is likely a takeoff on the big muff sound. The only control is a level. Channel 2 is a 3 transistor circuit with a drive control, bias control, level, and a switch for fat or thin.

This should be interesting.

2. :)

also stay tuned for the Allobass buttbooster ( fuzz with extreme bottom ) :)

[​IMG]

3. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    way to steal his thunder, ALOE-VERA!

(btw, if the butt-booster [butt buster? *** blaster?] is priced comparably to a frantone, i'm interested!)

Edit Bigfeet: Language! Unless you were discribing a mule detonation device, try to keep it clean.

4. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    Goin shopping for parts tomorrow... if I can get the transistors I'm looking for I can have this running in a few days.

5. So i just returned from getting parts for the buttbooster..

woah.. stompboxes are expensive ! :eek:

It costs me $ 70 for the parts..

stomp-switches are $5 each, and a black, metal housing ( 150mm x 82mm x 32mm ) costs $ 22 :eek: !!

it's the center one..

[​IMG]

6. Rickenbackerman

Rickenbackerman

Apr 17, 2001
    Laurel MD
    Allodox! The best effects boxes are the cast aluminum Hammond 1590B and 1590BB. One is the small MXR-size and the the other is sansamp DI-size. Under 10 bucks a piece. Also, don't waste your time and money on anything other than carling DPDT switches. Steve Daniels at small bear electronics has all your pedal-building needs:

http://www.smallbearelec.com/

7. So i noticed.. :(

ah well.. this one is the prototype so.. :D

8. Mohawk Freak

Mohawk Freak

Mar 8, 2002
    London
    AllodoX: Buttbuster looks and sounds Cool!!! Those boxes look like pencilcases though!
    Like I said, let us know when you have a prototype built, I'm interested.