Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To ikickuintheballs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alexvs, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Alexvs

Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    I read that you had a Hartke 3500 amp. I'm considering to buy one and I'd like to hear your thoughts about the amp.

What kind of sound does it have? I've tried a model 2000 with a Hartke 4x10 and a 1x15, and it sounded great.
    Does it generate alot of hum?

Just write down your thoughts...

Alex

2. I think the Hartke 3500 is a great bass head.. it's just like the 2000 except the power rating.. There's not a humm.. but a hiss when you boost a lot of highs which I do but you don't notice it when you're playing and when you're with your group. I'm sure you know all about the tube and solid state which you can blend and stuff.. the compression is great too.. and a 10-band EQ rules! any other questions just ask.. I'm dead from ice skating! and i have PSAT's 7:30am tomorrow... later!

-Willz

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I liked mine before I sold it. I play it at rehearsal (I sold it to our sound man) every week, and I want it back.

4. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    the trace elliot i am getting next weekend has a 12 band eq =oD

5. show off.. lol I'm quite happy with my hartke and it's 10-band eq so :p hehe time to go wake ppl up :eek:

-Willz

6. The fewer knobs and sliders the better, IMHO. I'm happy with the minimal controls on my Aguilar DB 659. If the basic preamp sounds good, you don't need a bunch of EQ. ;-)

7. I don't just like the hartke for its 10-band EQ.. I love everything about it =) esp. being able to drown out my friends who used to drown me out when I only had my fender 15 watt amp =D

-Willz

8. Oh, OK. I understand.

Being able to down out your bandmates is very important when playing in a band.

I'd forgotten about those subtleties.

9. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    lol.. yep definately.... i cannot wait to get my trace elliot head..6 more days !!!!!!!!!!!!

10. I.'.I.'.Nakoa

I.'.I.'.Nakoa Guest

Aug 10, 2000
    Fort Worth.
    ok.. i have taken back all the bad i have EVER said about hartke.. i just bought mine today.. ITS SO DAMN BAD ASS.. i got a 3500, i got it over the trace.. =oD

11. Hartke gears kicks ASS!!! I had a 3500 with two 410XL cabs
    and loved it. I got rid of that setup to buy my Mesa rig though ( my band switched from playing pop-rock to heavy industrial, so I switched my setup ). If you can swing it get a seperate compression unit for that head, I personaly did not like the on-board one, and got much better results with a seperate unit.