Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To move or not to move....

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Selta, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Okay, so the last time my band got together for a jam, I realized that I would for certain songs go run around like crazy (the songs the have a good feel to them, the ones that want you to go do something, just get up and move, follow?), and then for more mellowish songs I would kind of just stand there or maybe stroll around, then for a good heavy song, i.e. Metallica, Iron Maiden, I'll runn here, stop Jump onto the monitor(s), spin around jump down, stand there, run to another spot, etc. etc. Now the question I have, is: is it a good thing to move or not depending on the mood the song(s) is(are) setting, or should I just pick something that'll fit every song? OR on top of that, should my band try to fit our gigs into types of musics, like the ones I've described? Info/comments?
    Thanks
    Ray

3. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Do what feels right to you. If you want to move around do it. Don't force it though, I've seen bands where it looks forced or staged and not natural and it's the worst thing. If you enjoy doing what you're doing, then don't worry. At a gig people will see that you're having fun, and that's a good thing.

4. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    "OR on top of that, should my band try to fit our gigs into types of musics, like the ones I've described? Info/comments? " i think it should depend on where your playin, try to think what kinda music the peopel would enoy the most at the gig, and mostly stick to that.

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I certainly don't jump around and go crazy... but i do groove with what i'm playing.. if i'm gonna go into a solo or someone is going into a solo, i'll get setup and get my "stance" going... mostly i kind of rock back and forth with the rythem of the song