To OBP-1 or DB-924?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sanctum, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Not really sure if this is a bass or amp question :p

I love the OBP-1 in my Spector NSCRFM5, but cannot decide what to do with my Spector REX.

Should I stick an OBP-1 inside or just use an external DB-924? Same preamp circuit .... external is a bit more expensive, but will save me the stress of wiring in the OBP-1 myself, or paying someone else to do it.

2. I guess I should have put this in "basses", heh.
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    The nice thing about the DB924 is that you could use it with any bass you like & you don't have to go nuts with instalation & or apying someone to do it for you. If you are planing only to use it with the REX, I'd get the OBP-1 cause you won't leave it home for an important gig/recording session. :)
  4. i put my obp1 into an external box (i bought it used) for use with many instruments. Truthfully, it is not that great. the Hi's are waaaaaayyyy to hot, and the lows are too much. I used the stock and several different pots with different values and tapers and couldnt get it to "blend" well with any of my 4 basses. I found out from a tech-friend of mine that ithe OBP is best when used with basses with weak pup's that have a lot of upper and mid-midrange character. Mine dont qualify.