1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

to open or not to open

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Indiana Mike, Aug 14, 2007.

open it?

Poll closed Aug 15, 2007.
  1. let it sit

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. are you kidding? tear it open.

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. soak it in carrots

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    I bought a bass that has been traveling accross the country for a week , in this heat wave .

it came from california to the midwest .

should I wait and let it sit , in the shipping carton, in my air conditioned 72 degree house ? or just tear it open?

2. smurfco

smurfco Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Stamford, CT
    It'd probably be OK to open, but I look at it this way: you've waited a week, what's another couple of hours?

Better safe than sorry and all that.

3. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Better to be safe than sorry. Go have a nice leisurely lunch, run a couple of errands then haul a$% home and rip the thing open!

4. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Is not like the bass was directly exposed to the sun at 110 degrees and now you are going to put it inside a freezer at -20. . .

Open the darn thing and play it!

5. Flintc

Flintc

Aug 15, 2006
    Alabama
    A week ago I received a toasty hot Modulus that had been baking in the UPS truck in 100+ weather all day. Sure, I opened it immediately, but I let it adjust to room temperature before I attempted to tune it. Strings get quite a bit tighter as they get quite a bit cooler.

But hell, it didn't take more than 10 minutes...

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Open it. It's been sitting on the dock at UPS near you for a few hours and then was probably on the truck all day, so it's pretty well acclimated to your climate already.