Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To our good friend Mike Money

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I just put Mike on my ignor list. He has plastered useless dribble onto every single thread in this forum - literally. I've never used the ignor function before.

3. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

4. I looked back and he has posted a lot of nothing. What is the point of all of the posts, just trying to up his post count or something? Good idea on the ignore list, get him outta here!

jtbp

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Has he ever posted anything about bass playing or music??!! :meh:

I can remember a suggestion, that you should only be allowed a post in OT for every music-related post you made - hard to administer, but maybe we should make the effort, just for him!! ;)

6. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    He's attempted to, in GI. It didn't make any sense though :D

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

That clearly doesn't count and is even more like drivel than the usual stuff! ;)

I meant an intelligible comment that would tend to indicate he is in any way involved in music or bass playing?

8. Boy, he sure does post a lot.....

[​IMG]

.....no, make that WAY TOO MUCH, about NOTHING AT ALL.

Times like this that the ideas about making OT supporting members only seem like really good ideas.

:mad:

9. The cauze - Lil Hardcore, Rockstar, Stix and...Chris?

10. babecker

babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    Hey, I have an idea -- since MM is always posting a bunch of useless drivel and wasting our time and bandwidth, let's dedicate an entire thread to him and make sure posts in countless other threads are about how many useless posts he makes...

See what I mean?:meh:

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Hey, crazy people, all the replies were relevant to the thread. It was not just a bunch of made up crap.

12. Voice Of Thor

Voice Of Thor Member

May 19, 2003
    I just read a bunch of his posts...what is the big deal? Perhaps his signature? If that is the issue, then say it. He seems to be no more "off topic" than anyone else here.

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Chill guys... you know, you could just add him to your ignore list or... not read what he writes. It's not that hard. Isn't it against forum rules to publicly insult a member?

14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Huh? Oh, uh, yeah, down with Mike Money, all that, uh huh.

*Gets back to the countless other things he could be doing.*

15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The issue is that Mike has on numerous occasions very carefully explained his only purpose here is to troll. That is, inflame, agitate, aggravate, annoy, bother, pester, and generally be as useless as possible to TB. So, in a typical 15 year old fashion, he thinks that being a continued pain is some sort game, a challege, if you will, so he persists.

When one has not only done very little, if anything bass related on Talkbass.com, addmitted to having no plans on being a constructive member publicly, and who's only apparent reason for even "supporting" is so that he can further troll in the Lounge and in chat, then we tend to start to blur the rules a bit. It says respect all members in the rules very clearly. When he hides (again, admitting he's nothing but a waste of bandwith) behind the rules to keep being a pain, then the rules start to get a little hazy. The fact is, he's not a member with an unpopular view or something esle, he's a member that is only such because he's found a mass auidence.

He doesn't respect what Pauls done and doing, so I refuse to respect him. I think I'm not the only one.

That's the issue, and that's why so many people have a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.