Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

To owners of either Bass Day '98 or Wooten at Bass Day '98

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by romac, Jun 19, 2004.

1. A friend of mine showed me a downloaded Wooten lesson and I'm pretty sure it's from either Bass Day '98 or the Wooten Bass Day '98 DVD. I have Super Solo Techniques by him on video and it's definetly not that since it's a lot more recent. Anyway it's a great lesson so I'd really like to buy the DVD. However I don't know which video it is from.

In the lesson he starts off talking about his double thumbing techique and then he moves on to famous players who have infulenced him. He then moves onto tapping and creativity. Anyone know which DVD it is from??

It may well be on both, in that case I'd probably get the DVD with all the bass players at bass day but I'd appreciate if someone could tell me what video/DVD this lesson is from.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There is only one full DVD/tape from Bass Day `98 with Vic. The other is just a mix of several exerpts from various DVDs.

You want this one:

http://www.hudsonmusic.com/DVD/WootBD98DVD.html

3. Thanks a lot, thats the one.

I may get both though since I'd like to see the other performers

4. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I have that VHS (not the Vic solo perfomance).
    It´s really good. Great performance by Manring, Top and Wooten himself. Buy it.