1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

To Rondo or not To Rondo, that is the question.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by trb6pJM2, Feb 21, 2008.

1. http://www.rondomusic.com/product1198.html

should I guys? I mean, I really want a six string fretless, but, I'm cheap. This looks like the thing, I know they're relatively low quality, and require sweat equity, but it seems worth it. What does everyone think?

question #2, how much money would I have to put into this, probably just new pups is what I was thinking.

2. Go for it. There's a giant thread on those, and reviews are largely glowing for what you get at that price point. the thread was titled "new 6 strings at rondo ($170)" or something similar. I've got my eyes on the trans blue WOB, myself.

3. bassbrock

bassbrock

Feb 20, 2007
    Callahan, FL
    I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Go for it!

4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    The stuff from Rondo Music is mid range quality. There is better stuff out there but it will cost more. :bassist:

5. Gegatso

Gegatso

Jan 16, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    I played a fretted one and it rocked. I'd certainly go for it.

FWIW

6. Slowgypsy

Slowgypsy 4 Fretless Strings

Dec 12, 2006
    NY & MA
    I bought a 4-string fretless about a year ago 'cause I just wanted to try fretless... but didn't want to spend hundreds of $ for one. I've more than gotten my moneys worth out of this thing, the pups sound great to me, a simple setup was all that was required. Actually the only thing I changed were the strings... stock ones were a bit odd. Also, I did speak to Kurt personally, and was assured that if, within a reasonable amount of time, I decided that this was a mistake, he would cheerfully accept the return and issue a refund. Not much to lose.