1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

To Samick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PIZZAcato, Mar 29, 2006.

1. How are the Samick Fairlane and Corsair basses? They seem nice if set up right.

2. Shearstown

Shearstown

Oct 15, 2005
    My fairlane was my first bass. It was pretty good i must say.

3. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Samick's quality's gone up tremendously since Greg Bennett redesigned their lines.

I used to have a Fairlane 6-string (like the one on the website) and it was a damn good 6-string. After a pro setup and a modification I wanted, it played like a champ.

I think the Cobra and Tabu basses are great for the money as well.

I know Samick has a rep for being a ghetto company, but their stuff's surprisingly good now.

4. Although I don't own one - I've played quite a few as the guitarist in our jazz 3-piece is a Samick dealer.

What many don't realize is that if you're buying brand X that's made in Korea or elsewhere overseas, there's about a 60% chance that your bass is built in a Samick or Samick-owned factory. They ghost build quite a few of the "made-in-korea" instruments, and their quality has improved quite a bit.

They are, on the whole, very solidly built instruments for very low money.

Jay

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Greg Bennet Samicks are quite reputable.

6. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    My friend ha done of their guitars; it was actually pretty good...

Man, I love imports.