to teach or not to teach

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 14, 2005.

1. well i just got back from examining a new music store, which is just around the corner from me, mind you they only really had sx, schecter, squier and a few G&L tributes...but i was trying out the G&l Tribute SB-2 (which is rather nice) and the guy that owns/runs the place asked me if i had ever thought about teaching, ive only ever tought a few mates a few songs and i said id think about it...

so reckon i should go for it?...mind you they said they'd be happy if i just sat there with the person and go through a learn to play book
  2. I've found that teaching someone else can show me my own faults and strengths. I say go for it to help somebody else learn the joys and to help yourself improve.
  3. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Golden oppurtunity! If you have the time and feel comfortable teaching, then go for it! I'll probably teach once I get out of college and my theory is a bit better. I'll have a market in classes for soliciting lessons too, heh. :D
  4. kewl guys, thanks for the support, i do have plenty of free time :D no job the little extra cash would be good too :D